My thoughts have changed: This meatloaf is delicious I tell you!
Ingredients:
2 beaten eggs
3/4 c milk
2/3 c dry bread crumbs
1/4 c finely chopped onion (we use onion powder)
2 T snipped fresh parsley (we use 2 t dried)
1 t salt
1/2 t dried leaf sage, basil or oregano (we use a combination of all 3!)
1/8 t black pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef or turkey
1/4 c ketchup
2 T brown sugar
1 t dry mustard
Directions:
1. In a bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, sage and black pepper. Add meat; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into an 8x4x2 in loaf pan (I think I've always used the larger one - 9x5?).
2. Bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until internal temp reaches 160 F. Spoon off fat. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
...but is it as good as scrambled hamburger??
ReplyDelete