1 Tbsp oil
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
1 cup water
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 Tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry up the chicken in the oil
- Add vegetables and cook for three minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients (except rice or noodles); cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles (I always preferred rice; Nathan preferred egg noodles)

I've always been a fan of stir fry and thought it would be fun to try the Durfee way, so we did this for a super quick dinner tonight. I added a few different veggies with the carrots (peppers and frozen corn because that's what we had on hand) and it was great over our Jasmine rice!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing a childhood favorite, Martina!
-Stephanie (and fam)