Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Zucchini-Stuffed Chicken Rollatini

Photo from Skinnytaste
This recipe is AWESOME! It is Matt's new favorite meal that I make. It was very easy to make and uses common ingredients. When I made it, I used large chicken breasts that I pounded to 1/4in thickness and cut in half. I served it with plain white rice and a spinach salad (recipe to come later). It was such a simple meal, but so delicious!

The recipe came from my new favorite food blog, Skinnytaste, which I found via Pinterest.




Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 cups (1 medium) zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Romano cheese (or parmesan)
3 oz part skim shredded mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 lemon, juice of
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and fresh pepper
olive oil non-stick spray

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 450° and spray a baking dish.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
  3. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden.
  4. Add zucchini, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, salt and pepper and saute about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
  5. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then add mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
  6. Spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet.
  7. Roll up the chicken and secure closed with toothpicks
  8. Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl
  9. In a second bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
  10. Dip chicken in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs, then place on baking dish.
  11. Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment