Thursday, January 15, 2009

Herbed Potato Bake

This is my go-to potato recipe--it's so yummy! It's from the First Presbyterian Church cookbook from at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15-20! I didn't write down who contributed it to the cookbook. Again, it makes a lot of potatoes, so I usually make no more than a half recipe for two people.

1/4 cup butter
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 tbsp oregano or rosemary (I use some of each)
3 large baking potatoes (although when I copied down the recipe, I wrote "tomatoes" and never changed it haha!)

1. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and add spices.
2. Cut potatoes into 1/2" cube pieces
3. Place in baking dish and toss with sauce (I skip step 1 and throw everything uncovered in the oven until the butter melts and then toss it together and cover it so I just make one dish dirty)
4. Cover and bake for one hour, until potatoes are fork tender

3 comments:

  1. You made it for our fancy dinner. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memory! Maybe when Matt and I are home on leave within a few months we can do another one? Or a theme dinner? I know we had talked about an asian-inspired menu before but never got around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I do wonder... what is the temperature supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete