This recipe is from my Great Aunt Gertrude, who went to college for homemaking. She is an incredible cook and hostess! Even though Matt's first impression of this chicken was that "it tastes like old people's houses smell," he ended up really liking it and I of course love it (I wouldn't have made it otherwise). It takes a little forethought because you have to get the chicken marinating the night before. But it's very easy! Again, this recipe is meant for entertaining, so it makes a lot (12 servings). Scale it down to what you need. See notes below on what I did differently.
6 chicken breasts
2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 tsp worchestire sauce
4 tsp celery salt
2 tsp paprika
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 3/4 c bread crumbs
3/4 c butter
1. Cut chicken in half and wipe well with damp paper towels
2. Mix yogurt and lemon juice, worchestire, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper
3. Coat the chicken in above mixture
4. Cover and store overnight
5. Roll chicken in bread crumbs and place in greased baking pan
6. Melt butter and spoon half of it over the chicken
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes
8. Spoon remaining butter over chicken
9. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until chicken is browned
*I make a 1/4 recipe. I do not halve the chicken breasts that I use; just be sure to select appropriate sizes for what you're going to want to eat. I have always used sour cream since that's I don't have plain yogurt on hand regularly.
No comments:
Post a Comment