![]() |
| Ignore the silly name of the website on the picture... |
The recipe title isn't catchy and the picture might not make your mouth water, but this I assure you is a simple and delicious meat and potatoes comfort meal!
The recipe as written can get the food on the table quickly, but I happened to make this ahead of time, put it in the fridge and reheat it when our guest (Hi, Kim!) came for dinner later. It was very stew-like and it sure didn't seem like garlic salt was the only seasoning because all of the flavors had a chance to come together.
Try it!
Ingredients
- 13 oz Turkey or Lean Pork Smoked Kielbasa, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large red potatoes, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt (I doubled this...)
- 1 tsp dried chopped parsley (and omitted this because I didn't have any - weird, right?)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional) (and opted out of these)
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (more if needed)
Instructions
In large skillet over medium heat, cook kielbasa pieces for 5 to 7 minutes until pieces slightly blackened.
Add
remaining ingredients and stir well. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce
heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove
cover. Continue to simmer until potatoes and carrots are soft and
remaining liquid is evaporated (about an additional 10 minutes). Add
additional 1/2 cup water if potatoes and carrots are not soft once
original water has evaporated.

It was really really delicious. I want to make it sometime :-)
ReplyDelete