Saturday, December 25, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

This has to be one of the most awesome things I've ever eaten! I'm partial to oatmeal to begin with, but this is just wonderful! Prepare yourself for a slightly less enthusiastic, yet thoroughly enjoyable experience.

It's quick, easy, and made of common ingredients. Excellent for breakfast, snack, and yes, maybe even dinner. It's like a really moist cake.

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups quick oats
1.5 T sugar (reduced from 1 cup)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup oil (or butter)
3/4 cup peeled & chopped tart apple
1/3 cup diced fresh or frozen peaches
1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Grease 8x8 baking dish.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients separately.
4. Combine and add fruit.
5. Spread in baking and cook for 35-40 minutes.
6. Cut into squares. Enjoy as is, or with milk poured over the top. Yum!

Peaches seem like the most exotic ingredient. It would probably be good even without it.

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I will be trying this very soon. Especially with the peaches--anything with baked peaches in it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the greatness of this. Mine came out much differently than Kim's (she even poked it to figure out it's consistenty!), but I've enjoyed it for 2 days straight so far and am excited to finish it off for breakfast tomorrow morning! It's totally awesome warmed up with milk. Mmm mmm mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove baked oatmeal! Haven't tried this recipe yet, Kim, but I made one from Pinterest awhile back and it looks about the same. Yum.

    ReplyDelete