Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chicken Salad, A Renaissance

This recipe is from my mom. It makes a HUGE amount, so it is good to bring with you to potlucks or other such things. Or just scale it way down for dinner for two.

THE SALAD
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped celery
4 sliced green onions
2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
1 cup sliced almonds

THE DRESSING
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. curry
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook chicken (I usually boil it). If you like longer, pulled segments of chicken in your salad, pull it apart right away (well, after it has cooled enough for you to touch it). If not, you can cut it up after it is chilled. Refrigerate chicken until chilled through.

2. After chicken is chilled, mix together all salad ingredients.

3. In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for dressing.

4. Mix everything together!! Serve on a bed of lettuce.

You can eat this in sandwiches or mixed with lettuce as a salad. My mom usually doubles the dressing recipe in order to coat everything, but I don't. Use your discretion.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds AWESOME! I love, love, love chicken salad with grapes and almonds AND it really does sound like the best thing ever to bring to a potluck, like you said. Next time we have a big get together, I'll "WOW" the fam with it!

    ReplyDelete